Tuesday, August 3, 2010

No school drop-outs among weaving community

Project Name : EDUCATION TO WEAVING COMMUNITY


My village is near arakkonam called guruvarajapet. All people of this village are weavers.At present people do send their children to school only upto 7th or 8th. after that they stop their children to work in the looms. because of lack of awareness among people,childern who stop from schools get jobs in looms and earn money. theyspend the money in all unwanted ways and take up to consuming alcohol at a very early age. the parents also have no control over them.such damage happens to them early in life because of them dropping out of schools at a very early age. so I took this project to educate , support and create awareness among weavers in my village, so that they will know the value of education . weavers children need not be weavers .they can be anyone theywant.



I enrolled many weavers in my community and made them understand the value of education.i met the president of weavers association and detailed him about my project, i appointed him as secondary leader for my project, i also enrolled all weavers who work for me about educating their children. i took the initiative for my project to take shape.to begin with i enrolled two of my workers who were about to stop their children, a boy and a girl both had to discontinue after their higher secondary education, and got them admitted . the boy yogaraj got admitted in Tamilnadu Agri university campus in Tindivanam to pursue his Diploma in Agriculture, the girl Nandini got admitted in Arcot Mahalakshmi arts
& science college in B.Sc., maths. i also mentioned my project in Lions club and the club is willing to contribute more towards my project. Now my project has got many secondary leaders to continue.

Shankar Kanniappan can be contacted at shankarkanniappan@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment